Saturday, July 1, 2023

This is Me

 

My name is Juleia. I live on a small farm with horses, dogs, cats and am thinking about getting some goats so I don’t have to mow my lawn as much. I am constantly fixing fences and mowing my lawn, which takes me 5 hours, and throwing a ball around for my dogs. It is never boring, but when it does get quite, I like to read and play video games while snuggling with the fur babies.

 I have already earned an associate degree with a human services emphasis. I am going back to school for an accounting/business degree. I currently work for a Jewelry Store and Jewelry Manufacturing company doing bookkeeping and accounting as well as all the shipping and receiving. I want to help my bosses so they can focus on other parts of their business and help expand their business. I know nothing about marketing except how to buy things, which I am very good at. Learning marketing would be a benefit to help each company grow and expand our client base.

Every summer I volunteer at a weeklong 4-H summer camp, what I am currently at while writing this. Camp is my home away from home. I have been in 4-H for 20 years and have been a leader for 11, working at this camp for 16 of those years. It’s an amazing place where I can help guide hundreds of children and help enrich their lives as well as the counselors who volunteer. I have made lifelong friends with the staff who have also been doing it for decades. Camp has helped shape my life. I have learned how to be a leader within a group of people, I have learned people skills and how to communicate with a variety of people of all ages in many different situations, I have also learned how to be flexible, mostly, when I need to be. I have come out of my shell and have gained so much self-confidence since I was a lonely 15-year-old who didn’t know many people.

I am excited for the future and the current path I am on. I hope to keep helping in youth development and creating the next great leaders through 4-H. I also hope to keep working on myself to become a better person.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdoms: Social Listening

Zelda's Making A Buzz In all my “free time” that I have between work, school, farm life, and just regular life, one of my ...